Mbook 3.1 - Release
Mbook 3.1 has been released, bringing a small set of improvements and bug fixes so you can better enjoy your ELN experience.
- Inventory: Compound DB and Stockroom
- The CMR categories have now been added to the "Hazards Identification" section. When a hazard is selected, the corresponding CMR category is indicated in the “Health/Safety” tab of the compound.
- It is now possible to search compounds by their “Health/safety” information using the CMR categories, Hazards/H phrases or even key words such as “lactation”, “carcinogens”, etc. This search can be launched from the “Compound DB” section (“Inventory” tab) or from the “Search” tab.
- A new type of search was introduced into the “Compound DB” tab to search compounds “By use” by group, project, user, or for a specific period. These filters can be selected separately or combined to gain advanced results. The search results include compound details and the used compound quantities.
- The search “By use” feature can be combined with other search modalities (for example by “Health/safety” information) to obtain more specific results.
- A PDF report can now be generated with the compound search results.
- The full path for the location of a compound is now displayed to make it easier and clearer for the user to find the compound stock bottles.
- “Automatic logout time” is now configurable by an Administrator. By default, the time is set to “30 minutes” and can be changed to a value of between 15 and 720 minutes.
- User management
- “Last login” information is now visible for the Administrator and Group Managers in the “User Activity” dialog.
- The Administrator can now filter the “User activity” list by group.
- A new button has been added to the “Team” panel to allow for straightforward and batch activation/inactivation of users. This option is available to Group Managers and Administrators.
- When re-activating a user, it is possible to decide whether to add them back into the groups and projects to which they belonged before their inactivation, or indeed otherwise. Note that when reactivating a user from the “Edit user” dialog, they are automatically (by default) added back into the group(s) and project(s) they belonged to before their inactivation.
- A Group Manager can now see three new tabs in the “User” panel:
- The “Groups” tab with the list of all the groups to which a user belongs or belonged.
- The “Projects” tab with all the project/subprojects/reactions in which the user is involved.
- The “Documents” tab with all the documents uploaded by the user.
- Groups and Projects management
- Creating new groups is now a configurable permission for Group Managers. When creating/editing a Group Manager user, the Administrator or Group Manager carrying out the task can decide whether to enable the “Group creation” permission or otherwise. If a Group Manager does not have permission to create groups, they cannot give/remove this permission to other Group Managers.
- It is now possible to easily assign a user to several groups and projects from the “User creation/edition” dialog. A Group Manager will be able to assign users to both groups and projects, whereas an Administrator will only be able to assign users to Groups.
Check out all Mbook flavors here